Monday 28 March 2011

#010 - Senses Working Overtime

I'm going to try and make every 10th post a playlist. This is purely for my benefit as a frustrated DJ.

So to start, here's an 80's playlist I made on Spotify a while back.

I tried to make it from solely guitar driven bands, but in the end I caved and put a couple of synth-pop tracks on. I'll do a playlist for the synthesizer side of the 80's another time.
It's all pretty much standard fodder if you know your 80's guitar bands, though there's a few things you might not have heard, most notably a band called 'Furniture', who sadly seem to have faded into obscurity.
I've resisted the temptation to fill it with goth bands - again, another playlist, another time.

The Light Pours Out Of Me - Magazine
True Faith - New Order
Brilliant Mind - Furniture
Cutter - Echo and the Bunnymen
There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths
Dear Prudence - Siouxsie and the Banshees
Swamp Thing - The Chameleons
Senses Working Overtime - XTC
Under The Milky Way - The Church
Ziggy Stardust - Bauhaus
Some Candy Talking - Jesus and Mary Chain
Back of Love - Echo and the Bunnymen
Change - Tears for Fears
Enjoy The Silence - Depeche Mode
Winter Kills - Yazoo

No comments:

Post a Comment