Wednesday 20 July 2011

#021 - Don't call it a comeback.

Hi,

Yeah I know it's been ages.

I won't dwell on that though, because I've read about six hundred and thirty four thousand blog posts that start with the sentence 'Sorry, I know it's been ages since my last post'. Or something to that effect.
I'm not going to apologise, because I know you don't care, but you should know that I won't be posting quite so much as I don't really get much internet access anymore. I work a job where they've banned blogger, and live in a house where the internet only seems to work for about 38 seconds of each day (this is one of those windows, and thus you'll have to forgive me any mistakes born out of the speed this has been written). You can rely on a full return of my disjointed and tedious writing as of September though, when all this work and living in someone else's house nonsense comes to an end.

So what's new? Well it seems like things happen in slow motion when you work a 9-5, but some things have managed to take place. Here's one of them; I went on a tour of Italy with Cold in Berlin, which was totally mental. Weird moments included opening for Badly Drawn Boy (yes he wore the hat in 34 degree heat), and finding myself in that part of Spinal Tap where he has the small bread and the big ham backstage.
Another thing that I'm pretty sure happened was that I turned 23. It was a bit of a non-event to be honest, but served as the annual reminder that I need to get on with my life. On that note I'm working on a new theatre show called 'Laplace's Demon'. I can share no more than that but I'm working with good people and as such am optimistic.
I'd also like to talk about a great gig I went to at Hoxton Bar and Grill, but I sort of can't be bothered because I don't want to be a music journalist anymore. I'll summarise by saying that Japanese Voyeurs are everything you could ever want from a grunge band. Go listen to Yolk.

(Yolk is their album, not some weird egg band).

Anyway, thats enough about them, let's talk more about me. Cold in Berlin are on page 81 of Q, and page something or other of Clash magazine this month. Have a mosey if you see a newsagent.

I also have a new website.

Right, thats it. Post #023 will be about something that matters instead of my life, I promise*.





*I don't promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment