Tuesday 1 March 2011

#007 - If you thought that The XX wore white on their days off, you were wrong

Last night I went to a new venue in Stoke Newington called The Drop. It was very cool actually, nice and small downstairs, with a big pub upstairs so you could escape if the music was shit. There was no need for it this time however, I enjoyed all three bands.
First up was the First Loves, sporting a vastly improved line-up to the one I'd seen previous. It was all a bit too Joy Division for its own good, but as I love Joy Division, it was still a joy.
If you were doubting me when I said the place was cool, then CHECK THIS OUT. The XX rolled up in time for the next band, 2:54, sporting their usual black attire. I assume they are friends of the band. Anyway, it was an interesting set, I'll keep an eye out.
Last up was The Jesus and Mary Chain  The Tambourines, who were the second band of the night to wear their 80's influences clearly on their sleeves. Again, enjoyable regardless.

In other news, check out this cool video someone filmed at that single launch I did the other day...


Cold in Berlin _ White Horse from Tearing at the Walls on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment